Current Exhibitions

Gift Shop | Starkweather Arts Center, Romeo, MI, Ongoing

17 June 2015

Faces & Figures --- Grosse Pointe Art Center

The Nesting Instinct

I was fortunate to have one of my entries accepted into the "Faces & Figures" show. The piece is titled "The Nesting Instinct". It is a combination of image transfers and collage with found ephemera and natural materials. The face was created by "ghosting" an image transfer using acrylic paint. I then highlighted the facial features with colored pencil. The background consists of layering stenciled textures and found ephemera. I usually don't work in such a subdued palette so this was a stretch for me. I had originally submitted this to another show and it didn't make the cut. But, that is what's so great about being persistent and not taking no for an answer:)

I'd like to thank the juror, Amy Foster, for including my work. I got a sneak peek of the show when I picked up my other entry ("Opposite States") and I'm honored to be included in such great company:) My piece is one of the two mixed media works accepted. The opening is this Friday, June 19 from 6:30 - 9 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment