Current Exhibitions

Gift Shop | Starkweather Arts Center, Romeo, MI, Ongoing

04 October 2017

25th Annual Canton Fine Arts Exhibition at the Village Theatre




*** UPDATE ***  
Body Language was awarded 3rd Prize. I am honored to have the extra recognition among all the outstanding, beautiful mind-boggling work that is in this show. If you get a chance to see it, go!!! This was the first reception I have been able to attend at the Village Theater and it was so much fun. Canton has strong support for the arts by helping to create a lovely reception and a very nice award ceremony. I want to thank the juror, Jean-Paul Aboudib, for his kind words about my work and letting me know my work is on par with more traditional art media. I've been fortunate to have many of my books accepted in the local art community and I am encouraged to keep pursuing this form of art. I hope those who view my work are inspired and get some joy out of experiencing them. I met some incredibly talented artists last night including Reem Taki, who's calligraphic illustration entitled, Persian Carpet was absolutely stunning in detail and color and Haydar Alyasiry, who gave me insight to the symbolism used in his work. And also my fellow award recipient, SoulKeever, who gave a great acceptance speech and talked me into doing an interview for his YouTube show:) It was also fun to talk colored pencils with the Best of Show winner, Paul Van Heest. His wonderfully detailed drawing of the Lepidopterphobic Rhinoceros was astounding. Great night!
*****

 I have a mixed media artbook on display at the Village Theater at Cherry Hill in Canton for the 25th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition. The show is open this Friday, October 6th and will be on display through November 4th with an opening reception on Thursday, October 5th starting at 6:30 pm and the awards ceremony at 7:30 pm. This year's juror was Jean-Paul Aboudib. The gallery is located at 50400 Cherry Hill Road (corner of Ridge Rd) in Canton. Hours are 10-2 pm, Monday - Friday and during public performances at the theater. You can read more about this piece here.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Brenda, so proud for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Glenda. Really appreciate your support:)

    ReplyDelete