Current Exhibitions

My work is on view at:

Small Works | Northville Art House, Northville } Nov 3 - Dec 16

2017 Art for the Holiday | Detroit Artist Market, Detroit } Nov 3 - Dec 30

Holiday Market | Starkweather Art Center, Romeo } Nov 10 - Dec 23

Silver Bells: Holiday Market | Anton Art Center, Mt. Clemens } Nov 17 - Dec 22

10 April 2012

Artfest 2012 - My day at the beach

 I decided this year to take a "day off" from all the hubbub and spend some quiet time down at the beach. Of course, the weather this year was not ideal but everyone was so excited it wouldn't have mattered if it snowed (although at times it felt cold enough). The day I went down the sun did manage to peek out for a few hours. I decided to make little sand hearts on the beach as I walked along picking up colored rocks, shell pieces and sea glass. One good thing about cloudy days, it makes the colors pop, where on bright sunny days everything is a little washed out.



Be sure to click the full screen symbol (lower right corner of player) to view the slideshow with larger images.

2 comments:

Susan Williamson said...

What a fabulous collection of photos. They would make a wonderful book.

beenebag said...

Thanks Susan. I just found a source for really inexpensive mini books... http://www.mypublisher.com/products/mini
tiny 20-page books for only 2.99. A gal at my art group passed a few around during our show and tell. I was so excited about them. Alas, I won't be able to use them for trades anymore.