CURRENT EXHIBITS



You can view my work by going to the ART BOOKS tab above.

01 September 2008

Notes from the CFC

It's Labor day today and it's weird not having a job to go to tomorrow but this past weekend has been such a boost to my employment moral. The Creative Freelancers Conference has been such a great investment. Tons of detailed information on how to start running my freelancing as a business. How to prepare proposals and contracts and the steps in the process you need to take so you aren't being underpaid or working without a written agreement. There's so much more to this than just charging someone a nominal fee for a logo or a flyer.

I've also been mulling over the idea of doing more mixed media work and the reaction I got from my business reviewer, Colleen Wainwright and my fellow conference attendees was very positive. So this past Friday I was sitting outside on a beautiful Chicago morning at the Corner Bakery which has the BEST oatmeal in the WHOLE world. It's the Swiss Oatmeal (served cold with yogurt, almonds, cranberries, raisins, chopped apples) and I got the berry option with FRESH bluberries and strawberries!!! So nummy in my tummy! And they have FREE wifi so I was very happy.

1 comment:

beenebag said...

just testing the comments link