Current Exhibitions

Gift Shop | Starkweather Arts Center, Romeo, MI, Ongoing

05 February 2011

Where Did January Go?!!!



For Pete's sake. So much has happened last month. I started classes (two Flash classes teaching animation techniques and ActionScript coding) and a digital photography class!!! My brain cells are being stretched into really odd shapes (or at least that's what it feels like):P

And even though I've had a few "rejections" of late, I am trying to stay positive. It's the risk I take when I put artwork/design work out there for people to judge. But I can't make art to please others, it has to first satisfy my creative needs and if someone else finds it "worthy" that would be icing on the cake.

For now, I need to focus on my class projects and my Artfest artwork.

I also need to apologize for failing to stick to my plan of a weekly post. Obviously that is not happening. So it's back to my previous schedule of posting when I have something to share and to make up for my bad, here are some photos from my new digital camera (Nikon D3000):

a series of pod portraits







so excited to see how close I could get to a subject



found this interesting word combination on a boat trailer



a 2011 goal fulfilled - replacing burlap with real sand in my shell table



my furry baby



All the photos were shot on manual setting, with auto focus engaged. I have never had a formal class in operating a SLR camera. I used to have a Nikon FG20 old school SLR many years ago. But when the digital point-and-shoot cameras came on the scene I was hooked. I love how you can shoot away and not have to worry about changing film rolls or not knowing how the shot turned out. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos, and I know what you mean about the one blog a week plan. Wish I could do it, but I don't often get there.
    It was interesting that you mentioned rejection because a friend of mine was at a writing conference recently where there was a prize for the person with the most acceptances, and a prize for the person with the most rejections. And guess what? The same person won both prizes. I thought this was really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your kitty and nature photos, Awesome!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos !! thanks for stopping by my blog on OWOH journey !! so nice to meet you

    michelle

    http://socr8v.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. Appreciate the feedback on the photos. Still getting used to using the new camera. So much to learn. What's sad is I'm getting better pictures from my cheap point and shoot right now:P Hopefully by the end of the semester I'll be shooting like a pro:P

    ReplyDelete