Current Exhibitions

Gift Shop | Starkweather Arts Center, Romeo, MI, Ongoing

21 March 2011

Artfest 2011 Trades

After a long week of working on gallery pieces and finishing up my trades I finally got a chance to take some pictures.


These are metal "nests" with an egg being protected. Three leaves add to the tree symbol and the whole charm is attachable with the little garment pin attached to the tag.


The "birds of a feather flock together" was the idea behind the button trades. I thought it would be fun to find your "flock" by looking for those who have the same bird "song":)


My final trade is an ATC made from a handcarved rubberstamp I made at my summer play dates with my friends at Art Zoo.

As soon as I can figure out why I can't upload more pictures, I'll do a followup post with images for the two art pieces I'm planning on submitting to the Artfest gallery show.

10 comments:

  1. These are absolutely BRILLIANT! I am so impressed. Love the protected egg, especially but the buttons are a hoot (or a tweet or whatever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your trades but especially the metal nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Judi!

    If I get any extra time I might try to make a little booklet/notepad to go with the buttons, so if people search out the other "flock" members, they'll have some place to record emails or swap blog addresses:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lizzie!
    I almost didn't plan to bring them. I was becoming overwhelmed with school and trying to get my other gallery projects done that I ran out of steam for completing them. But the other day, I got a burst of energy and just finished them. They really only needed a contact tag and they were done. I'm glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so wonderful!! Still need to get started on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have just signed up for artfest, didn't think I would make it this year. unfortunately i will not have any time to make trades.
    your gallery items are fantastic too, i will look for those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Elizabeth, glad you liked them:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Regina. You still have a couple of weeks:) Good luck.

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous - thanks for posting - I better get going on my trades!

    ReplyDelete